Dog Agility Classes
Agility is a dog sport where the handler and dog run an obstacle course with the aim to complete the course within a set time and without faults. This requires us to run as a team. To achieve that bond we play a lot of games with our dogs from the moment we bring them home.
Proper training starts at 12 months but in that time we have built a bond with our dog playing games and using positive reinforcement whether it is toys or food that motivate your dog.
Having fun is so important for both you and the dog and remember it’s never the dogs fault.
Dogs must be 1 year old and have passed the agility entry test (or club members who have previously competed in agility) or be in 4th class obedience for at least 4 weeks. There will then be a short test including a temperament test before going into ITA.
Want to join agility? If you are interested in joining agility speak to your 4th class instructor and ask to do the test.
- Must be a financial member of Northern Suburbs Dog Training Club.
- Must be in control of their dog.
- Attend and assist with the set up and breakdown of Agility Equipment on Saturday morning and Monday evening.
- Must be willing and able to become proficient at agility trial duties ie: Course Steward, Lead Steward, Timing and Scribe duties.
- Must have and continue to hold a good sense of humour.
Agility – All levels
Saturday : 9:00am – 12:00pm
Agility – Advanced Handling
Monday : 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Must have a pass in either jumping or agility.
St Ives Showground
454 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
North Shore, Sydney