The Club offers Agility training on Saturday mornings from 8:30am -12pm. The Introduction to Agility class is run on Saturday afternoons from 1:30pm to 2:30pm as part of the Social Novice class.
The safety for dog and handler are paramount at NSDTC. As Agility training requires dogs to be off lead, a good relationship and control of your dog is required, therefore to participate in Agility –
- Must be at least 12 months old
- Must pass a temperament test with other dogs
- Have reached Fourth class in obedience at Northern Suburb Dog Training Club
- Wear a fixed collar with identification during training
- Must be a financial member of Northern Suburbs Dog Training Club
- Must be in control of their dog
- Attend and assist with the set up and break down of Agility equipment from 9am Saturdays and 7pm Monday
- Must be willing and able to become proficient at setting up agility equipment and to guide novice members in same
- Must be willing and able to become proficient at agility trial duties ie:- Course Steward, Lead Steward, Timing & Scribe duties
- Must have and continue to hold a good sense of humour.
For advanced dogs only (dog MUST have a pass in any Agility discipline) there is additional training on Monday evenings from 7pm.