Is a training programme, run by NSDTC that focuses on the fundamentals of what every good dog and every good dog owner should know.
From the day you join NSDTC you will be working toward these essential pet behaviours in your weekly classes. They include:
- Car safety
- Walk nicely on lead
- ‘sit’ , ‘down’ and ‘stay’
- polite gateways
- polite greetings
- acceptance of restraint, grooming and gentle vet check and
- owner education in animal care and the dog laws
The KK9 AWARD Test and Certificate
When ready, you and your dog will have the opportunity to run through a simple competency based test. The test serves as:
- an achievable goal for every pet owner and dog
- a promotion to 3rd class
- a joint Ku-ring-gai Council/NSDTC initiative to promote responsible dog ownership.
Graduates receive a special Certificate endorsed by Ku-ring-gai Council.
ALL NSDTC MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO COMPLETE THE KU-RING-GAI K9 AWARD PROGRAMME.
CLICK BELOW FOR:
KK9 Dog Care/Law Quiz – all answers are available from the Club’s Green Handbook.