The Club provides members with training, advice, support and education in responsible dog ownership, socialisation and canine welfare. Our experienced instructors help dog owners with:
- basic and advanced levels of dog obedience
- advice on canine health eg. ticks, flea control, vaccination
- all aspects of dog laws and the Companion Animals Act 1998 (NSW)
- general well-being of your dog eg grooming, feeding
- some dog behavioural problems
Why pets are good for you
- Pets help reduce stress and associated diseases, saving Australia some $2 billion a year in medical costs, according to the Petcare Information & Advisory Service.
- For the workaholics and couch potatoes, a dog will force them to take a break and get some exercise.
- Animals make great icebreakers, as they are often a catalyst for meeting new people.
- Pets give you unconditional love.
- A bad day in the office very often dissolves when there is an exuberant pet awaiting your arrival when you return home.
Dogs teach us
- Find joy in being able to play, run and jump.
- Always be happy about getting a treat.
- Play more …. Worry less.
- Accept that winning is not everything in life
- Realise the size of the heart is more important than the size of the body.
- Realise you don’t have to be rich, or famous or powerful to be loved.
- Remember it never hurts to smile.
- Remember being kind is more important than being important.
- Take time to enjoy the smells, sounds and sights around us.